The soft body armor option for concealed protection and an excellent choice for a lightweight overt loadout: Our S2 panel provides level IIIA body armor protection and is built to be convenient and capable of stopping multiple hits from all handgun threats up to 1,440 FPS. This soft armor plate is made of two alternating aramid types, layered in a special arrangement that allows the panel to work multi-directionally.
The S2 - Soft Body Armor panel is made of Aramid and built for a balance between affordability and top-level capability. It is lightweight at just 1.25 lbs and has strong stopping power defeating all handgun threats.
Tested to NIJ 0101.06 standards, the S2 is capable of stopping all IIIA body armor threats: 125-grain .357 SIG FMJ flat-nose bullets with speeds up to 1,470 feet per second and 240-grain .44 Magnum Semi-Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with speeds up to 1430 ft/s.
Because the S2 panel is soft armor, it can be used in a concealment capacity and bends with movements of a person's upper torso. The soft armor panel is designed, cut, sewn, and assembled in-house in Phoenix, Arizona, and has a 5-year shelf life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is soft body armor? Soft body armor is a type of armor that is often made of layers of p-aramids like Dupont Kevlar, Dupont Gold Shield, and Honeywell Spectra Shield. This armor is flexible, lightweight, and is often designed to have protection levels of II, IIA, or IIIA.
- Is soft body armor or hard armor better? This depends on what best fits your needs. Soft body armor is a smart choice if you're wanting armor that is lightweight, concealable, and protects against handgun threats, like our S2 panel. If you need rifle-rated protection then hard armor is a smarter choice like our AR500 Armor® Heritage Plate, A1, A2, A3, P2, and C2 plates.
- Can soft armor stop bullets? Can it stop knives? Soft armor has no problems defeating handgun rounds. As for edged weapons- it depends. Most soft body armor, at least contemporary designs using aramid or Kevlar, are arranged in a multi-directional weave pattern. This means soft armor generally acts like a net with tensile strength and density high enough to resist a modest ballistic threat. Due to this design, knives, arrowheads, and truncated or conical projectiles with a high enough velocity (like rifle rounds) can ultimately pass through. Most stab-resistant soft armor has a special “chainmail” like layer to address edged threats, however, it can be ineffective against hypodermic needles and add a significant cost and weight to the armor platform.
Material: Aramid Fiber, and Laminated Ripstop Nylon (sonic welded)
Protection: .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets with a specified mass of 8.1g (125gr) and a velocity of 1,470 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s) and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with a specified mass of 15.6g (230gr)
Capability: Multi-hit protection
Dimensions & Compatibility:
10” x 12”
- Weight: 1.25 lbs
- Thickness: 0.36"
- Plate Carriers: Testudo, Valkyrie, Invictus & AR Concealment
11" x 14"
- Weight: 1.54 lbs
- Thickness: 0.36"
- Plate Carriers: Testudo & AR Concealment
Shelf life: 5 years
Manufactured: United States